Setting goals for 2018, first review the year 2017. What are your accomplishments? Where did you miss it? What worked? What didn’t work? What are the outstandings on your list? Remember, almost everything begins as a thought. You can be what you imagine if you properly align your thoughts.
The next step is to take a look into December 2018, what would you have accomplished? Remember to review your current outstanding and see how it fits into 2018 plan, if it doesn’t, set new goals. However, keep these few steps in mind……
1. Belief. The first step to goal setting is to have absolute belief and faith in the process. If you don’t believe you can absolutely transform your life and get what you want, then you might as well forget about goal setting and do something else.
2. Visualize what you want. Think of what you deeply desire in your life or where you want your business, job or company to be a year from now. What changes have to take place? What do you need to know or learn? What spiritual, emotional, personal, financial, social or physical properties need to be addressed? The clearer you are with each of these dimensions will bring your vision into sharp focus.
3. Get it down! Writing down your goals is key to success. By writing down your goals, you become a creator. Failure to write down your goals often means you will forget them or won’t focus on them. Have them written down where you can see them every day.
4. Purpose. Knowing why you want to achieve your goals is powerful. Identifying the purpose of your goal helps you instantly recognize why you want that particular goal and whether it’s worth working toward.
5. Commit. This might sound obvious to you but it’s a step that has disastrous consequences when it’s taken lightly. Write a few pages about why and how you are committing to each goal; why it’s important to you, what it means to you, why the outcome is necessary and what are you going to do to make it happen. Without strong commitment you aren’t likely to follow through.
6. Stay focused. By focusing on your goals, you manifest. What we focus on expands. You may not know how you’ll reach your goals but when you make a daily practice of focus, they become easier to reach.
7. Plan of action. Being really clear about what you want, knowing your purpose, writing your goals down, committing to them, and staying focused gives you the power of clarity to write down a list of action steps. You may not know all the steps ahead of time but you will know the next steps that take you in that direction. Having goals without a plan of action is like trying to complete a complex project without a project plan.
8. No Time Like the Present. To show how committed you are to your goals, think of something you can do right now that will get you moving toward fulfilling your goals. Even if it’s just making a phone call, do it now.
9. Accountability. To push through when things get tough, you have to hold yourself accountable unless you bring in outside help like a coach or a mentor who holds you by your hand while you get there.
10. Review. Make it part of your day to review your goals and take action. This keeps your goals alive and top of mind.
By following these steps and practicing your goals each day, you have all the elements you need to succeed and achieve your goals.